Please note; chemists are no longer be able to request prescriptions on your behalf.
Prescriptions can be requested in the following ways:
- In writing at the surgery
- Patient Access (via the link at the top of this page)
- NHS app
- Post (please note, if you want the prescription sending back to you, you will need to include a stamped address envelope. Alternatively we will be able to send your prescription electronically to a nominated pharmacy of your choice)
Please ask at reception for further information or advice.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
- We do not accept prescription requests over the phone, via fax or email.
- A prescription request takes a minimum of 72 hours to be processed. Weekends and bank holidays will affect this so please bear this in mind when ordering.
- Please only request what is needed to avoid waste.
- If you need to request your prescription early please state why on the prescription request in order to avoid rejection.
- Please ensure we have an up to date contact number in case of any queries.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.